Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Day 1-2 down

As the song goes, what a difference a day makes.  It is so true.  24 little hours can change so many things.  Some good, some bad.  I'm happy to say that my first 24 hours on the program have been great.  I set my alarm at 5.30am on Monday morning and even though I hadn't gotten to sleep until after midnight (thanks to my snoring husband!) I managed to get out of bed by 6am and was doing Mishes Cardio Kicker DVD.  And I did kick it!  I was so energised for my day.  The food was so tasty, and I thought a head and had taken mineral water to work to mix with fresh lemon and lime juice - water intake up, food intake down, and smiles all round.  Dinner last night was delicious and so easy! 

I woke up again this morning and bam, weight training DVD done by 7am.  Went to work with a smile on my face and a pep in my step.  I will admit, I was very worried about lunch today.  I was meeting with a girlfriend and going to a local cafe.  It is one of those cafes where as soon as you walk in the door the aroma of the food hits you and everything looks devin.  Not greasy or fatty, but you know that Focaccia will be full of no-no fats and nastys.  I stopped at the sandwich bar and had a tuna and salad sandwich.  Butter, no thanks - I'll have avocado, and throw some tomato, beetroot, & lettuce as well.  With my mineral water, it was a superb lunch.  This afternoon when I was feeling peckish, I grabbed an apple without a second thought.  I completed the fitness test tonight and for the first time in my 34 years I ran 1km without stopping.  I know it isn't much, but it was one of my goals.  I did it, and I feel fantastic.  Dinner again was amazing, and I'm so lucky to have my husband eating the evening meals with me and enjoying them.  So, I'm in the middle of making lunch for tomorrow and my hubby pulls out the Peanut Butter M&M's.  These things are beyond yummy and I could very easily sit there and eat a whole packet, and then some.  But I said No.  I have grabbed out a Weight Watchers Rich Toffee Bar and it has 90 calories in it.  I will work out my intake for the day, and if I can cover it, I will have it.  If not, a hot chocolate will be just fine.  I don't know if anyone else is feeling this, but you know that bloated feeling you get after you eat, because you have either eaten too much, or eaten so much processed crap - I haven't had that for 2 days and it feels AMAZING. 

After doing the 12WBT last year, to be honest I only did it half arsed.  This round I'm doing everything differently.  Food diary, writing down how much water I have, actually doing the fitness test and writing this blog.  It is only day two and I already feel as though my mind set has shifted.  I know there are going to be hurdles, but I finally feel as though I can deal with them, and not turn into a blubbering mess! 

I can't begin to thank Misch for this program.  I can feel the new me winning many more battles.

No comments:

Post a Comment