Monday, January 31, 2011

Task two - Getting Real, No more Excuses.

This was definately the hardest task of all.  It is so easy to come up with excuses but it is a different game hen you have to actually look at your self and why you are making the excuses.  Last round I wasn't 100% honest when I completed the pre-season tasks , but this round is all about doing things differently.  So here are my excuses and my Solutions:

Internal Excuses

I'm too tired. I'm too busy. It isn't going to make a difference if I don't excercise today. It is too cold/raining. It is too hot. I have worked hard this week, so I can have a rest. I have no motivation. I'm not worth it - I'm always going to be this weight. I have been unhappy about my weight for so long, what will I do when I reach my goal? I'm never going to look as good as other "skinny" girls.

Solutions

Just get out the door and do it. It isn't going to make a difference to anyone else but me. Don't sit infront of the TV for 30 mins - go for a walk, go for a ride, do SOMETHING! There are skinny girls who were much bigger than me and they just didi it.

External Excuses Within My Control

It's raining, it's hot, I'm too tired, I have no time.

Solutions

GET OUT OF BED WHEN THE ALARM GOES OFF. Remeber how good it feels to exercise.

External Excuses Outside My Control

Attending functions

Solutions

If I can't exercise because I am out to dinner - make sensible decsions about what to eat. Don't blow it because of where you are. Then, exercise the next day.

It certainly was an eye opener to realise that I am my biggest excuse - now I just have to do something about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment